Cathy Chapin, Park Manager opened the meeting.
There are 207 residents in the park.
Ron Jensen offered prayer.
The McAllen Symphonic Band tickets are available in the office. Tickets are $5. Winter Ranch RV Resort will share a bus with Trophy Gardens. We have 22 seats available. Please sign up in the office when you purchase your tickets.
Chuckwagon – Cathy announced the pilot program offering meals 3 days a week is growing. Barb De Garamo, who has volunteered previously for many years has accepted a work camper assignment in the Chuckwagon.
Information from Activity Directors, Anita and Lee King
Vegetable wagon returns on Thursday, November 10th from 9 am – 10:30am in the area by the Dog Park.
Financial Update – Judy Good and Patti Ellison have reviewed the books and prepared a report for the end of the season on March 31, 2016. They balanced perfectly. They will now prepare monthly reports beginning in April. The reports will be available for your review after the Advisory Board has approved them.
Halloween Activities have been posted on the blog. Thank you Lee and Mary.
Food Service Classes are available each week. If you will be working in the kitchen at any time, please take the classes.
King Ranch Ranchhand Breakfast has now been filled. We will take names in case of emergency cancellations. We are taking 2 buses to King Ranch.
Nancy Hudgins, Co-Chairman – “Quilting for the Needy will begin on Thursday, November 10th from 9 am to 3 pm. We would love to have anyone help us make quilts for the 1st Responders, Easter Seals, McAllen Hospital, etc. Everyone has a skill we can use! We hope to see you next Thursday.”
Video Room – open on Wednesday’s after the Park Meeting until Thanksgiving.
Euchre begins Saturday at 6:30 pm.
Bridge begins Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the Library.
Line Dancing after the Park Meeting in the Friendship Hall.
Ladies Golf on Thursdays at 9 am.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED –
- Chuckwagon – Monday, Wednesday, or Friday cashier, or making salads, selling drinks or serving soups.
- Concession Stand for Wednesday night Bingo
- Veteran’s Day – We need a Cashier, food servers, drink servers, and clean up help.
- Dances and Entertainment – There is a signup sheet on the board across from the Mail Room to sign up to sell tickets, concessions, parking, etc.
Veteran’s Day Program – On Friday, November 11th at 11 am, we will have a special program to honor our Veterans. Please plan to attend.
VETERAN’S DAY MEAL – Noon on November 11th – Veterans and spouses or if you are a widow of a Veteran, you will receive a complimentary lunch. The cost to non -veterans is $5. The Menu is Lasagna, salad, garlic bread and dessert. Please sign up by November 9th. (List on the board by Mail Room)
Pam Hoppe has announced “Walking” will begin in the Friendship Hall, Monday through Friday from 7:25 to 8 am.
Bus Trips shared with Trophy Gardens:
- December 1st Rio Grande Premium Outlet Mall – Bus leaves Winter Ranch at 10:15 am and returns at 3 pm. Sign up sheet on wall by mail room.
- December 7th Hilltop Gardens Aloe Farm near Lyford, Texas. Cost is $8. Bus leaves Winter Ranch at 8:45 am. The bus will stop for lunch on the way home. Please pay in the Activity Office.
Flu and Pneumonia shots are available on Wednesday November 9th at 8 am before the Park Meeting. Please sign up by noon on November 7th (across from the mail room). Walgreen’s pharmacist will be administering the shots. They will also file for Medicare or insurance for you.
Anita Parrett-King, Activity Director