November 9, 2016
Lee King, Activity Director opened the meeting. There are 257 residents in the park.
Gary Webb offered prayer.
The Alamo City Wide Prayer Breakfast will be held in the Friendship Hall at Winter Ranch RV Resort at 8 am on November 17th. Residents are invited to attend.
Thanksgiving – Sign-up sheets for tables are posted in the Friendship Hall. Please sign up and bring your list of names to the Activity Office before November 18th to receive your money. We will reimburse you $1 per person toward the cost of your meat item.
Veteran’s Day Program will begin at 11 am in the Friendship Hall. Lunch will follow the program. Please sign up in the Activity office. The Magic Valley Choir will perform.
Vegetable Wagon begins Thursday, November 10th at 9 am by Dog Park.
HEB coupon books were distributed by Anita King. HEB contacted the office and apologized for giving Cathy incorrect times for their Welcome Back. If you did not receive a coupon booklet, stop by the Activity Office.
McAllen Performing Arts Center is looking for volunteers to work 2 nights a month. Information on Bulletin Board.
Veterans receive free haircuts from the University of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences in McAllen during November.
- Holiday Village, Brownsville on November 28th leaving at 4:45 pm. No charge.
- Premium Outlet Mall – December 1st
- Hill Top Gardens Aloe Farm – $8 – Visit the oldest Aloe Farm in the US. You will enjoy a sensory garden, learn about the varieties of aloe and how they are being grown around the world. Walking through the garden, wear comfortable shoes. There are benches to sit and rest.
- Per Dick Larson: Pegs and Jokers will begin at 6:30 pm on Saturday in the Library.
- Bridge will begin at 6:30 pm on Sunday and Tuesday in the Library.
- Beginning Bridge will begin at 1 pm Wednesday in the back of the hall.
- Swedish Weaving and Hardanger will begin this week.
- Karaoke begins Saturday, November 12th at 3 pm – 5:30 pm.
- Beginning Quilting, Tuesday, November 15th – Sign-up sheet on door. Contact Della Rae for questions.
RAZZ MA TAZZ – December 11th at 2 pm in the Friendship Hall. Tickets are $5. A signup sheet is on the bulletin board for volunteers to take tickets and take chairs down after the show.
The 50/50 drawing for Activities was held. Nora Minor won $50. Thank you for your support.
Anita and Lee King